Skip to main content

Ingredients listed for The Edge

Just noticed that product page for "The Edge" at love-scent now lists the ingredients as Androstenone, Androstenol, and Androstadienone. Bruce had earlier mentioned that The Edge is nothing but diluted NPA, so does that mean that these are the constituents of NPA as well?

For years people have wondered what's in NPA that makes it so sexual and have chalked it up to the "secret ingredient". Now this new revelation makes me wonder if the secret ingredient is nothing but a mix of other pheromones (like Androstenol and Androstadienone and maybe others at even lower concentration) and the reason for not mentioning them was to simply preserve a proprietary formula and maintain an intrigue about the product.

Many people who can smell Androstadienone, have for years maintained that they can smell it in NPA which now makes a lot of sense too.

I think the reason NPA is so sexual, and for a lot of people seems to do something that can't be replicated by any other product, may have to do with the purity of Androstenone (impurities can add their own dimension) used by Lacroy due to their own "creation"procedures. Also, the fact that the new batch of NPA smells different (cleaner) may also have something to do with a change in the purity and the secondary impure molecules.

Anyway NPA rarely worked well for me, but I did have some good mixes with The Edge gel, so getting a better sense of its constituents is somewhat exciting news.

Comments

  1. Check the Lacroy website. It states NPA has a minimum of 5 pheromones:

    https://www.lacroy.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_68&product_id=68

    One of the secret ingredients is probably cops (A1 is in it too).

    Edge is definitely not simply diluted NPA..

    Alphonse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link Alphonse. Its been a while since I visited Lacroy's website. I never smelled any cops in NPA but maybe its a really small amount.

    Cops and None go together quite well as my Dirty Primitive experiences are showing me so I won't be surprised.

    Wonder if this is the new NPA formula and old NPA was only 2 components as often mentioned? Who knows for sure anyway!? Misinformation, sometimes intentional, is rampant in this industry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a scent comparison of the 3 variations on Pago's forum recently. It's pretty subjective, I know, but I believe the new NPA from Lacroy has copulins, but the older NPA did not. I have a feeling old NPA also had a different synthesis of A1 in it.

    In the early noughties when I was on the love scent forums, NPA was said to contain one or sometimes 2 secret ingredients. I think they may have added a few more to the original formula.

    Alphonse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment