Skip to main content

JVKohl: Pregnant women hate even SOE

Post #9

http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10152&highlight=musk#post10152

I\'m happy to see that only a few people in this forum are RONE supersmellers, which tends to give them the urinous tone typically associated more with NONE. However, about 1 in 100 people that I exposed to 1mg/ml of RONE in mineral oil, found it to be aversive, and reported the urinous tone. In every case, pregnant women found the odor of RONE to be offensive--which is what could be expected from animal studies. Pregnant females don\'t have any use for males, or for the odor of males. With 2mg/ml many more people reported RONE to be aversive/urinous, so I didn\'t experiment much with 2mg/ml.

For those who do perceive a urinous tone to SOE, it might be best to try it out on a few female friends who will almost undoubtedly report that it smells very pleasant. I don\'t think it\'s a good idea to wear SOE until you are convinced that -- at least to the vast majority of women -- it has very attractive properties. Personally, if I detected the urinous tone, I would be very inhibited when wearing SOE. Still, conscious detection is not so important as unconscious affects with pheromones.

The \"roll on\" use measurements interest me. Some of you folks definitely have very sharp scientific minds; I never thought to measure how much was distributed per inches of role. But someone mentioned a 5 inch neck be used as a guide. So, here\'s some fun stuff.I promptly discovered that--from the tip of my earlobe to my collar bone is only 3 inches. This is startling! I think I\'m developing no-neck syndrome. Especially after measuring circumferance at 17 inches. Jeeze, I\'m only 5\'6\" tall and 165 lbs with 18% bodyfat. Maybe that\'s why I unknowingly used 1ml of SOE (also distributed amoung friends) on my first night out with it. Since I\'m getting no-neck syndrome, I probably just rolled SOE on and on; because I have less neck exposure than others, therefore I need more pheromones per inch of neck. Okay, so I\'m attempting to inject some humor here.

The roll on measurement is a great idea with regard to determining how much SOE to use. Still, I can\'t help but wonder how we could standardize the pheromones per inch of neck (which would effect distribution). Tricky business; this science of pheromones. Great ideas; this Forum.



And later in post #13 also indicating that SOE fragrance consists of 87 different types of musk

Glad I mentioned it in time for you to make the not so friendly connection. Guys, watch out for those pregnant ladies, they will hate the way you smell when wearing SOE and probably most other products.I talked with the perfumer responsible for the excellent smell of SOE (at least to most non-pregnant females). He brought home the point that the musky fragrance of SOE is made up of approximatly 87 different types of musk. In addition, he pointed out that if anyone was supersensitive to only one of these types of musk, he might also associate it negatively--as in the urinous tone. Of course this would be uncommon. In an olfactory compendium-type book, I read that 80% of cosmetic fragrances (either for men or for women) contain musk in some form. So, the odds of being a supersmeller who is offended by any particular form of a musky compound are limited. That\'s why musk is such a favorite among perfumers, whether it\'s a musky RONE; NONE or OL --or any other fragrant compound.

Comments