Skip to main content

Realm/w and other unusable scented products

I bought the female version of Realm for the A1 component. Tried 2 sprays today and I was smelling like a flower and even though I couldn't stand the smell on myself, I kept thinking how great it would smell on a woman. The smell easily overpowered even Gucci Envy, which is very strong cologne, that I used to try to cover it.

The last time I bought IFM from Androtics, it had a herbal component added which made it smell really terrible (you wouldn't want to be smelling like that in public or at work) but it was quite effective. Catlord at Pherotalk even pointed out that one girl didn't want a second date with him because he smelled so terrible when he was wearing IFM. When the cover scent smells terrible it can totally negate any positive effects of the pheromones underneath.

Androtics does a lot of things right in this direction but has a lot of room for improvement. The first time I shopped at Androtics their products smelled fantastic, all were neroli scented, and I couldn't distinguish the smell of pheromones in any.

Then they tried switching to organic alcohol which made all their products stink and they were practically unusable, very hard to cover. That's when I had to start adding concentrated oil colognes to them and let them sit for weeks before I could use them. It was not the pheromones I was smelling because I had bought the same products earlier with the same cover scent and thought they smelled fine. I can barely detect smell of pheromones anyway.

Now I think they have dumped the organic alcohol idea because my recent orders have been fine.

Michael mentioned one time that he wanted to start exploring alternate synthesis routes for some pheromones, as different synthesis methods yield different byproducts and minute amounts (picograms) of these "impurities" may yield a different character to the pheromones themselves. So androstenone manufactured using two different methods may give slightly different results.

There have been some recent complaints about the full bottle of a certain MX not smelling the same as the to-go bottle. Now I know that Androtics won't change the cover scent or pheromone ratios for any MX as those might affect the results from that MX and skew the data. So the only explanation is that they were experimenting with other alcohol bases (which happen to stink) or they are exploring alternate synthesis routes for some ingredient pheromones whose byproducts are particularly stinky.

Comments