Skip to main content

Zwaadermaker conjugates

Post by Ming at l-s

Zwaadermaker conjugates are chemical when presented individually can be recognized by their smell. When the conjugates are presented together they cancel each other out or almost cancel each other out. This process may be interpret to support a wavelet model, a correlational opponent processing model, a physical model of interference cancellation, and a oscillator model of the brain."Now the conclusion about the inner workings of the brain is pretty far-fetched, and is probably the reason this research ended up quoted where it did. But the bit about two scents cancelling out? Hmmm...Below are listed some Zwaadermaker Conjugates. I added emphasis on interesting ones:

beeswax and balsam of tolubenzoin

and rubberbitter almond and muskbutyric acid

and oil of junipercamphor and eau de cologne

ethyl mercaptan and eucalaptolethyl mercaptan

and caproic acidionone and ammonia

rubber and cedarwood

skatole and cedarwood

vanilla and chlorine

Ok, it's obvious why I emphasized something that can mask the perception of musk. But chlorine?Sometimes when my feet stay wet for too long, I'll soak them in the tub with a bit of chlorine bleach, to ward off any future problems. Then I dry off, get out and... my female cats attack my feet, in an extremely amourous way. I never understood why this happened until I read somewhere that the smell of chlorine is very similar to that of a male cat pheremone......And some people say a-none smells like cat piss.Not to mention, the scents of vanilla and bitter almond have a lot in common.A quick search on the forum revealed LOTS of people using vanilla-scented products as a cover scent.Very very interesting.

Comments